[vlc] vlc 8.5 can't stream from the get go

Yaama Jii yaamaji at hotmail.com
Thu May 18 22:04:28 CEST 2006

1.  I'm running  VLC 8.5 with Window Me system, and the program freezes up
while attempting to play a video stream.
Audio plays fine, but the video returns an error message about "VLC creates
an error at VLCLIB.DLL"

2.  VLC 8.4a plays the video and audio; but I need to upgrade because the
stream of that earlier version 'breaks up' whenever another program is being
accessed, and the 'stream capture' option doesn't work so well.

3.  I have installed the Windows 'unicode' layer as suggested at the
download site.

Might there be some other program(s) I need to have installed with the
Windows Me so as to allow VLC 8.5 to work properly and completely?
I've been trying to find an answer since VLC 8.5 came out

Thanks