[vlc] I can't watch TV with the French FreeBox

Richard Leon richardleon at free.fr
Wed May 31 17:08:28 CEST 2006

Bonjour,

I have a bug i don¹t know how to fix
Please see what is my Mac configuration with the link below :

http://rleon.free.fr/RiriSite/PhotosAnnonces/AProposDeCeMac.jpg

i use VLC media player 0.8.5 and i have the french FreeBox

When i want to see TV on VLC i have this message:

http://rleon.free.fr/RiriSite/PhotosAnnonces/ErreurVLC.jpg

and what says the Crashlog :

main debug: CPU has capabilities AltiVec FPU
main debug: looking for memcpy module: 2 candidates
main debug: using memcpy module "memcpyaltivec"
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 33614848 (playlist) created at priority -47
(playlist/playlist.c:184)
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 34610688 (preparser) created at priority -47
(playlist/playlist.c:210)
main debug: looking for interface module: 1 candidate
main debug: using interface module "hotkeys"
main debug: thread 33810432 (interface) created at priority -47
(interface/interface.c:198)
main debug: looking for interface module: 3 candidates
main debug: using interface module "macosx"
main debug: thread 34633728 (manage) created at priority -47
(interface/interface.c:164)

every time i try it crashes and i have the same messages and crahelogs ;
but, i can use VLC on another partition of the hard disk where i installed
the same OS. and it works very well.
thank you very much for your advices
sincerely
Richard