[vlc] Re: GUI development based on wxwidgets

Siddique Vally-Adam sid4u at walali.org
Mon Nov 6 05:19:59 CET 2006

Hi Liu,

i would advice you to create a class derived from wxDialog, that would
get all the needed parameters (vlc structures).
This class would handle any event on OK/Cancel button. It would use the
vlc structures to get the info you need.
It would be much easier. See the wxDialog sample in wxwidgets directory
for more information.

On the question about how to dispatch the dialog, well it's kind of easy
as you just need to instanciate your inherited class wxDialog anytime
you think it's needed and show it.

You can also call it from the Main wxApp event handler (generate and
event, post an event, handle the event). If i recall, aMule (coded in
wxWidgets), does use a nice way to handle events. You should check the code.

Good luck

Sid

Liu Andy a ¨¦crit :