[vlc] Re: wxPostEvent from livedotcom to wxwidgets

sid4u at walali.org sid4u at walali.org
Tue Nov 7 11:40:43 CET 2006

Hi,

I would advice you not to include any wxwidgets headers nor use any
wxwidgets methods like wxPostEvents in another module then wxwidgets gui
module.
You should use another approach to send your event.

I think you should check the intf_thread_t structure in vlc_interface.h
Check the defined function : void ( *pf_show_dialog).
I think you can use the same way to post an event to the wxwidgets module.
For example add another pointer to a function in this structure.
It would be a function to post event. Call it for example
void ( *pf_post_event) (needed parameters)
Then define and initialize it in wxwindows.h in wxwidgets module.
In the defined function you would be able to call directly the
wxPostEvent() method using the current gui thread without having any
compilation problem.

All you'll have to do in the livedotcom.cpp is to call directly the
function from the intf_thread_t structure.

Maybe others here would have other ways to do so. Please guys, provide
some other ways if you think of other possibilities.

Good luck

Sid