[vlc] vlc and freebox

Anastasia Menzel a.menzel at libertysurf.fr
Thu Nov 9 23:29:14 CET 2006

I don't know much about computers nor english. However, I wil try to
explain my problem.
I have a freebox v4 and I would like to watch TV on my computer.
There is a possibility with vlc: enter "http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/
freeboxtv/playlist.m3u" as MRL is sufficient to be connected and
watch TV. I already made that and it worked very well till the
european power cut. Since then, impossible: when I enter "http://
mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u" as MRL, I get the
following error message:
main: Connection to mafreebox.freebox.fr port 80 failed: Operation
timed out
access_http: cannot connect to mafreebox.freebox.fr:80
main: Connection to mafreebox.freebox.fr port 80 failed: Operation
timed out
access_http: cannot connect to mafreebox.freebox.fr:80
main: Connection to mafreebox.freebox.fr port 80 failed: Operation
timed out
access_mms: cannot connect to mafreebox.freebox.fr:80
main: no suitable access module for `http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/
freeboxtv/playlist.m3u'
macosx: Error: Unable to open 'http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/
playlist.m3u'