[vlc] VLC on MIPS (framebuffer support)

kartikay malhotra kartikay.malhotra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 11:37:04 CET 2006

Hello All

The previous thread on porting VLC on MIPS was getting too long. Hence I am
starting a new one. Once everything is ported properly, I shall summarize
all steps for the benefit of everyone.

I can play mp3 songs using VLC on MIPS. Now my device uses Microwindows
(NanoX). It has no support of SDL/ X.

When I try running ./vlc xyx.mpeg (video), I get the following error:
[00000273] fb video output error: cannot get terminal mode (Invalid
argument)

I tried configuring vlc with --enable-directfb --enable-fb
--with-directfb=/path/to/DirectFB-1.0.0-rc2, but I still get the same error.

Any suggestions ?

Many Thanks
Er. Kartikay Malhotra

P.S. I believe I'm on the right list. However, if the maintainers feel that
I should post my questions on the developer's list, kindly let me know.