[vlc] Re: vlc udp streaming

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Nov 26 15:37:53 CET 2006

Le samedi 25 novembre 2006 18:57, Basavaraj Hiremath a écrit :
> I am sending UDP unicast stream from my Windows
> machine using VLC.
> I am able to recieve on my other windows machine
> through VLC, but it's very very slow

Define "very very slow". UDP streaming is always in real time, so it
cannot be slow nor fast. Problem only occur when the emitting computer
is not performant enough. That is unlikely, unless you are transcoding
before sending.

> Whnen I try to receive from my Linux machine(Fedore
> Core 6.0), it doesn't even show single frame.

VLC does not receive any data. This is most likely a firewall problem.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont