[vlc] Re: vlc udp streaming

Basavaraj Hiremath hbasava at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 17:27:27 CET 2006

Hi,
Thanks for your reply...
In winodws "very very slow" : When I start vlc client,
first it displays one frame and later it chnages
second frame after like 30-45 seconds.
I am not transcoding.

When I analyse with ethereal, I can see lot of packets
arriving to that interface.
Even if I say /sbin/ifconfig, I can see RX bytes
increasing drastically.
By this I can say that, UDP packets are sent by server
and received by client PC, but it's not playing.

Does Fedora Core binary present in videolan.org built
with UDP multicast/unicast receive/send and rtsp
receive option, if so, I don't want to succept vlc and
see anything else.

So far with my experiements, I am succepting on vlc
and trying to install binary from different link other
than videolan.org and checking it whether streaming
works.
not successful.
Could you answer my last point?
I appreciate your reply.