[vlc] Re: vlc udp streaming

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sun Nov 26 17:53:57 CET 2006

Le dimanche 26 novembre 2006 17:27, Basavaraj Hiremath a écrit :
> Thanks for your reply...
> In winodws "very very slow" : When I start vlc client,
> first it displays one frame and later it chnages
> second frame after like 30-45 seconds.
> I am not transcoding.

Lots of possible reasons. Multiple streams coming to the same
destination, raw UDP used inspite of packet reordering on the network
(only RTP/UDP works then), or simply insufficient network bandwidth. Or
even slow client CPU.

> When I analyse with ethereal, I can see lot of packets
> arriving to that interface.
> Even if I say /sbin/ifconfig, I can see RX bytes
> increasing drastically.
> By this I can say that, UDP packets are sent by server
> and received by client PC, but it's not playing.

Typical symptom of a firewall issue on the Linux client.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont