[vlc] Re: Fake, fake, fake

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Mon Oct 9 13:32:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

>   It  may interest  you  to  know that  after  downloading your  piece
>   of  garbage,  i intend  to  rubbish  it  at every  single  available
>   opportunity, e.g. forums, reviews etc, etc....

Freedom of speach is a basic human right. Please use it. But stay polite
please.

>   with any software program, such as InterVideo, Windows Media Player,
>   Real Player etc, all but one  VideoLAN, which falsely claims that it
>   can play `anything'. This, of course  is a blatent lie, and I'm sure
>   that this is illegal in some way.

where did you read that?

>   The very  fact that  you deliberately have  "no instructions  on its
>   use", "avoid  answering or  engaging customers  by fobbing  them off
>   with FAQ  or forums" speaks for  itself.
Is File/open and then pressing the play button so difficult ?
Have you read www.videolan.org/doc? Contributions are welcomed.

Oh and in free software community there is no "customers" just users.

>   For Christ sake,  you don't
>   even have a functional `help' facility.
Do not blasphem, please

>   You should  not be allowed to  trade, whilst making false  claims to
>   provide a  service, and i  fully intend  to alert everyone  and warn
>   them to well clear of your fake, non-functional program.

We don't trade !
VLC is a free software under the GPL license. You can download for free
at www.videolan.org/vlc.

If someone sold you VLC ( and it's his right (within some limits)) then
ask him when you have problems.
If you have bought VLC, we would be interrested to know from who?

Regards,

--
Xtophe