[vlc] DTS-WAV on Ubuntu

kandiman at freenet.de kandiman at freenet.de
Tue Oct 10 15:11:09 CEST 2006

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi,
one of the huge advantages of VLC is that you can play DTS-WAV-files (e. g. from Swedish Radio (http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/mall/index.asp?ProgramID=2445)) on your PC. I have managed to play these on Microsoft, but having moved to Linux (Ubuntu 6.06), the whole setup seems to be more difficult. I am able to play DVDs with surround under xine, but xine cannot play DTS-WAV. I guess, there should be some configuration issues that I have not been thinking of yet which would make me enjoy surround sound with VLC. My audiocard is a Terratec Aureon Sky 5.1.
Thanks for your help.
Kandiman