[vlc] RTSP - let the server decide when to PLAY

Kim Schulz kim at schulz.dk
Tue Apr 17 11:21:17 CEST 2007

Hi
Is it possible to tel vlc to wait when connected to a RTSP server and then let the
server decide when to start playing.  I have created the server part myself, so if
I have no problem changing the RTSP commands if needed.

In my setup right now, VLC sends DESCRIBE,SETUP and right after that it sends the PLAY command.
If no data is received after 10 sec. vlc sends TEARDOWN and tried to setup a tcp
interleaved connection.
I would like the server to be the one that tells vlc when to start playing, since
the data it should stream might not be ready when the client connects.
is this possible via RTSP.
--
Kim Schulz