[vlc] Re: Which SDP format does vlc understand for mp3? h263? amr?

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Apr 19 14:40:06 CEST 2007

Hi Kim

Kim Schulz wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to format some SDP files correctly in order for them to be
> understandable for vlc. I can however not find any information about
> how to format the "media" description and the fmtp for the following
> formats:
> mp3

m=audio NNNNN RTP/AVP 97
c=IN IP4 192.168.0.1
b=AS:128
a=rtpmap:97 MPA/48000

NNNNN is a port number

> h263
m=video NNNNN RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 192.168.0.1
b=AS:1300
a=rtpmap:96 H63-2000/90000
a=cliprect:0,0,576,704

> amr

Google

> mpeg4 visual simple profile (level1).

Assuming you mean mpeg4 part 2 visual simple profile level 1

m=video 21000 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 130.226.1.22
b=AS:300
a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000
a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=3;
config=000001b003000001b50900000100000001200086c400670c281078518f;
a=mpeg4-esid:20

The above is an example of 320x240 at 300kbps which is level 3. Simple
profile level 1 specify 64 kbps. Are you doing blurred video on phones ?

> Can anyone help me with how to format these or point me to a place
> where I can get an overview of the different formats in SDP?

Well, the RFC is pretty good. For the mpeg4-esid, open source
implementations exists.

Kind regards

--PMM