[vlc] Subject: inermittant problem with .860

kenneth krabat krabat at menneske.dk
Fri Apr 27 14:25:24 CEST 2007

Problem with VLC .860 (86a wont even open anymore)

pismo G4 upgraded
1GB RAM
550 Mhz
OS X.4.7

intermittant problem:

never the same programs open in the back

switching from full screen to window mode with esc

no video window appears

sound still on

Quit VLC

(sometimes this results in system error message,
but not always: "VLC crashed".)

Open VLC

now there is no sound and the error window
says"Couldn't find a filter for the conversion"
and "couldn't create audio output pipeline"

(there is sound from system and other apps)

only solution is restart mac

Could be something so simple as corrupt prefs,
but as I recently re-installed OSX (OSX 4.9 not
being friendly to my old Pismo), and the problem
persists across clean install*, something else is
causing this. I am attaching the crash log for
people to peruse.

* have saved my home folder, though, and perhaps
most of VLC's externals are in the library here?

greets and thanks for an amazing program

kk

--
deprim? prøv en vandcykel
h**p://vandcykel.blogspot.com/

sagaen om den smalle, ulæselige, usælgelige litteratur
h**p://krabat.menneske.dk/_debat/Serup/

The giving of love is an education in itself.
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Man er nødt til at tro på det, som ikke findes.
For hvordan kan noget ellers blive til?
   Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

FARSCAPE ANMELDELSE
h**p://www.scifi-forum.dk/film_vis.php?tit=FARSCAPE&type=tv-serie