[vlc] [Robert Norton <robert.m.norton at gmail.com>] Problem playing DVDs

Lists administration videolan at lists.videolan.org
Sat Apr 28 02:34:23 CEST 2007

The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://lists.videolan.org/attachs/20070428/vlc.log>

----- Forwarded message from Robert Norton <robert.m.norton at gmail.com> -----

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:04:42 +0100
From: Robert Norton <robert.m.norton at gmail.com>
To: vlc at videolan.org
Subject: Problem playing DVDs

Hi,

First may I say how much I enjoy vlc: a video player which does
exactly what I need and no more! However...

When trying to play dvds on my laptop using vlc on windows (latest
version) and on linux (version in ubuntu feisty) I find that it often
cuts out. It doesn't crash, but always stops at exactly the same point
on any particular dvd. Skipping to beyond the point of the error
allows me to watch the rest.

Attached is log of the -vvvv debug output of from running vlc on
linux. Clearly the following is an error:

libdvdnav: demux error! 00 00 00 (should be 0x000001)

but further up I also see these suspicious lines:

[00000291] dvdnav demuxer warning: cannot get next block (Expected NAV
packet but none found.)
[00000289] main input debug: closing input

Has anybody else seen something like this before? Could it have
something to do with my particular dvd drive?

Cheers,

Robert

P.S. Please cc me in any response since I'm not sure whether I
successfully subscribed to the mailing list.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Lists administration <videolan at lists.videolan.org>