[vlc] Local streaming of web-embedded streams

Ketil Thorgersen ketil.thorgersen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:23:37 CEST 2007

Hi

I have set up a small home network where I do not really touch the
computer that is playing the audio/video. Instead I stream media with
vlc from a couple of other computers. This works great! vlc always
starts in udp listening mode on that computer and I have made nice
plaing lists with everything I have and everything that I usually
stream. However - Now I have one problem and that is I discovered
www.deezer.com which streams in flash format. I'd like to control that
from another computer.

I have tried to play the stream in the browser and in vlc opened
"capture Device". There I chose the soundcard mixer and the usual
settings under stream/save (i.e stramin to 192.168.1.13:1234) The
parameters then become dshow:// :dshow-vdev="" :dshow-adev="1-DSP24 2ch
Mapper (PCM/SPDIF) " :dshow-size=""

It complains about missing video of course, but still tries to stream it
seems. But the other end sees nothing,

I've tried different transcode options (mpga always seems to work bit
not in this case). I've also tried to save in different formats, but the
resulting file is unplayable.  I've also tried virtual audio cable, but
the result seems to be the same.

Probably I am doing something stupid... CAn anyone enlighten me please??

Best regards
Ketil THorgersen