[vlc] VLC support_DivX 5, 6.6, .mkv

Paolo Cezar nc_trece at yahoo.com.ph
Wed Aug 29 14:54:24 CEST 2007

Dear VLC Team,

I am having problems with the DivX codec you have with your player. When I play Divx5 encoded videos, there is always a discoloration and a green line always appears horizontally on top of the screen. I've already tried looking for solutions in your forums but I could not find any.

I have also tried to  uncheck the .divx on the file extensions portion and install the new DivX 6.6. The Divx 5 file works pretty well on WMP 9 but this time, the .mkv files with x264 starts lagging.

What could be the best solution to play DivX 5 movies without the annoying green lines?

Hoping for your kind reply. Thank you and God bless.