[vlc] Multiple Instances of VideoLAN on Apple

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:36:07 CET 2007

Hello Dave,

this behaviour cannot be changed because it is the way applications
work on Mac OS. However, you may use OSX's Terminal application to
launch multiple instances of VLC. Just open it, enter "/VLC.app/
Contents/MacOS/VLC" (assuming VLC.app was installed to /Applications
and wasn't renamed) and hit return. VLC will launch as expected. You
may open as many Terminal windows (or tabs) as you want, so you can
repeat these steps as often as you need.

Future releases of VLC may include support for multiple playback
streams within a single instance to prettify the current situation.

Best,

Felix

--
VideoLAN