[vlc] Problem with automated file association of VLC

Christoph Forkl christoph.forkl at graphic-designer.com
Wed Dec 19 23:11:18 CET 2007

Hello. Since I´ve installed the VLC-Player on my PC, I got a problem.Files
which normaly were opened automaticly with the Windows media playerare
now opend with the VLC. The VLC then reports a error-message and refuses
to play the file. So now my internet-radio doesn´t work any more. To
reproduce the error: PC. Windows XP sp2. 1.Open www.di.fm & play a
channel by clicking on the "40k"Icon under the windows media player logo.
2. Media Player starts, everything is wonderful. 3. Install the VLC-Media
Player. 4. Open www.di.fm & play a channel by clicking on the "40k"Icon
under the windows media player logo. 5. VLC opens instead of the Windows
media player. 6. Error Message. Silence. No more internet radio. Even if
your try the "96k" or "24k" buttons.Nothing works anymore. 7. Deinstall
the VLC-media Player and everythings works again. The guys from www.di.fm
told me it´s a known error by VLC, and if have to ask you what todo to
play my Internet Radio with the windows media player and my DVD´s with
the VLC-Player. Thanks a lot & greetings Chris

--
Got No Time? Shop Online for Great Gift Ideas!
http://mail.shopping.com/?linkin_id=8033174