[vlc] VLC media player 0.8.6c and d

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:06:58 CET 2007

On 19/12/2007, Bora DURSUN <boradursun at superposta.com> wrote:

>  at first I installed version c and found out that the program had issues seeking.flv files.

VLC supports FLV files only because the FFMPEG project does. 0.8.6
still seems to do an imperfect job of supporting them. I can't seek
through them either. I haven't tried the preview versions of 0.9.0
yet.

>  Also it had issues with .mov files. It can play for 5-10 seconds and then video stops suddenly, the audio keeps playing though.

I haven't seen that one myself. But I do get something like that with
some files.

>  Recently, I installed version d but those issues that I noticed are not resolved yet...

0.8.6d would be just minor bugfixes on 0.8.6c.

>  Is there a workaround?

As I said I haven't tried the development versions (0.9.0) and of
course they may break in other ways, but could be worth a try to see
if this is fixed for the next version.

- d.