[vlc] Re: VLC SDK - development

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Feb 11 02:12:48 CET 2007

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007, senthil.indytek at vsnl.net wrote :
> We would like to know before place the order for VLC SDK  tools as per mentioned below requirements,
I am sorry to say there is not any "VLC SDK tools" for VLC media player.
And noone should sell them. Where have you found that information ?

VLC media player is open source and it is easy to modify and code,
as long as you conform to its LICENCE, which is GPL.

> 1. Is it possible to play videoclip by streaming format  given by UDP, UDP/RTP, HTTP etc.
Yes, VLC can play and stream videoclip from a lot of streaming formats.
Check videolan.org's website to see the features.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

> 2. When play multiple clips one by one without black while playing next consecutive clip play.
If you play different stream with VLC, this is not possible. However if
you play a single stream with all the videoclips, it is possible to have
a continuous playback.

> 3. While playing video, is it possible to see preview window corresponding clip play.
I don't understand what you mean.

> 4. possible to do video color correction, audio adjustment settings to set if required
Yes.

> 5. Linear key, Luma key, Chroma key etc is available for text overlay purpose and related effects if any to provide stills?
I don't really understand this one either. But I don't think so.

> 6. bmp,jpg,tga,tif etc. is possible to set logo purpose while playing clips
Yes this is possible with jpg and png logos.

> 7. Any effects like dissolve,cut is possible to give while play clip by clip
No.

> 8. while Capture video and Audio, what are all the possible video format is available to set or possible to modify as per customer requirements.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

> 9. if any streaming sample demo program available, please provide the same before purchase. Not only for streaming, but also provide related samples which we expect as per above mentioned facilities in this mail.
Once again, VLC media player is Free Software, I don't understand what
purchase you are talking about. You can find all the source code,
documentation, and examples on all the videolan Websites.

> 10. And also provide what are all the possiblities which we not mentioned in the above requirements in complete details to go for the same for our development purpose.
You can find many of the capacities of VLC media player on :
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html
http://www.videolan.org/streaming-features.html
http://wiki.videolan.org/What_can_vlc_do%3F
http://wiki.videolan.org/How_to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLC_media_player
http://www.videolan.org/doc/
http://www.videolan.org/developers/vlc.html

You can find the source code here :
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html

Please notice that any modifications of the software should be released
with a GPL-compatible LICENCE,
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Regards,

--