[vlc] Re: VLC Python Bindings and --sout.

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Wed Feb 28 17:50:39 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 11:39 -0500, Rick Sterling wrote:

> I am creating a little program in Python using the VLC Python Bindings.
> One thing I can not get to work is streaming.  From a command line if I use
> the following command line streaming works as expected:
>
> .../vlc/bin/vlc -I rc --sout
> '#standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=239.254.254.250}'  test.mp3
>
> In my Python application the following code will not work, and I cannot
> figure out why:

[...]

> [00000260] main private debug: looking for sout mux module: 0 candidates
> [00000260] main private error: no sout mux module matched "ts"
> [00000255] stream_out_standard private error: no suitable sout mux module
> for `udp/ts://239.254.254.250'

It's not finding the TS muxer (or any other muxer as it seems)
What's starnge is that it finds the access_outpuut modules and sout
modules.

Do you have several installation of VLC on your box.

By default vlc and the pyton binding will look for it's modules in
/usr/lib/vlc ( or /usr/local/lib/vlc/).
vlc will also use ./modules but i'm not sure pyvlc will. so that could
be the difference
So you could add --plugin-path /somewhere/with/your/vlc/modules when you
create vlc's instance

hth

--
Xtophe