[vlc] Compiling to Windows CE

Cool_Zer0 c00jz3r0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 15:43:04 CET 2007

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile VLC to Windows CE platform because I'm interested in
knowing how do you compile FFMPEG to that platform.
I'm following the guide on
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/browser/trunk/INSTALL.wince.

When I'm making ./configure the following warnings appear:

(...)
checking for ffmpeg-config... no
checking for libavcodec... Package libavcodec was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec.pc'
No package 'libavcodec' found
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
configure: error: Missing header file ffmpeg/avcodec.h.
[vlc-0.8.6]#

That are other warnings related to pkg_config_path.
I've been looking and I don't have any libavcodec.pc

I've used the contrib-tools available somewhere on VLC site.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks