[vlc] Re: Fw: VLC Player PlugIn for Web Browsers

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Jan 18 19:28:16 CET 2007

Javier Giron wrote:

> Jean-Paul,
>
>    Thanks for your response and detailed information. I managed to download
> the Windows Version, which includes the player plugin for the web, althou i
> haven´t been able to make it work, first is was refreshing every 1
> second, i
> took the code in which refreshed out of the html source, then i am able to
> view the page but not able to play anything. Would appreciate some support
> regarding this issue, because VLC player is very nice and well donde
> program
> and i wish to implement it with the website we are currently developing.
>
> Appreciate your great support, effort and time assigned to reading and
> responding this mail.
>
> I include the URL so you can check it out and possibly tell me what is
> wrong with it.
> http://www.puntoycomapublicidad.com/one2one/mp3player/
>
> This is the old version, due to that it said thatmy browser didnt have
> java enabled.

The HTML code is broken on the page you showed. What you have there is
not the browser plugin but VLC http interface. It controls VLC from a
webpage, which is an entire differnt thing then a browser plugin.

The browser plugin should be referenced from a webpage in <EMBED> ...
</EMBED> (or <OBJECT>...</OBJECT> windows) tags. See the examples on
http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/ch04.html#id293992

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.