[vlc] Cannot Stream H.264 Video with VLC

Clifton Watson clifton.watson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 04:07:06 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to use VLC media player 0.8.6a to stream H.264 files
encoded by JVT's H.264 reference software.  I am able to play the
files locally, but I cannot stream them.  However, I am able to stream
other files such as windows media player and quicktime h.264 files.

Before I stream the file, the client's command line has the following:

[00000294] main private debug:  pre buffering

After the video is finished streaming on the server, the client's
command line has the following:

[00000291] access_udp access debug:  increasing MTU to 3000
[00000291] access_udp access debug:  no supported RTP header detected
[00000288] main input debug:  creating demux:  access='udp' demux=' '
path='@:3490'
[00000295] main demuxer debug:  looking for demux2 module:  44 candidates

Can someone please help me or at least provide some insight on what
the problem may be?

Thanks,
--
--C. L. Watson

Clifton L. Watson, M.S. Student
Michigan State University
Wireless And Video communicationS Laboratory
2322 Engineering Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1226
<http://www.egr.msu.edu/waves/people/watson.htm>