[vlc] question about media file

Rob Shortt rob at tvcentric.com
Wed Jul 4 18:48:36 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I recently subscribed to a website that provides instructional videos in
quicktime format, suposedly h.264 encoded.  I have a sample file and I
am not sure exactly what it is especially since the file size is
awefully small.

You may find the file here:
http://tvcentric.com/notes/media/file-980524969.quicktime

Is this some sort of metafile?  They say you need QT7 to view the videos
so I thought that was no biggie since VLC should have no problems. ;)
They provided a sample "technique of the week" which I could play but
that actually resembles a video file -
http://jeanjacquesmachado.com/totw/a/55_Halfguard_lapel_sweep.mov

Can anyone tell me about the sample stream?  It is named as
".quicktime", not ".mov".  I'd like to collect some facts before I
confuse their support people. :)

Thanks,
-Rob