[vlc] question about media file

Milo stinger at rogers.com
Wed Jul 4 20:02:46 CEST 2007

NOTE: If this is a duplicate post, my apologies.  Waited for the first post
with attached .png images to come through but it never did. Going to assume
these lists don't allow attachments, hyperlinked to my website in this post.

Never seen the extension before. By the size, I thought it might have been a
quicktime link file renamed, but it is not.  I was able to open it in
Quicktime on my MacBook Pro, and it seems to be an 'Apple GIF'. I didn't
know Apple had a proprietary gif format, nor was I able to find any info
about it via a quick google search.  From the content of the image, I would
guess that that website was using this image as a picture hyperlink to the
actual video.  Attached are screenshots of the gif and the media info
quicktime gave:

The GIF:  http://milo.hopto.org/picture%201.png
File Info from Quicktime:  http://milo.hopto.org/picture%202.png

-Milo