[vlc] VLC for Windows does not stream the screen over RTP

Sviciu sviciu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:37:58 CEST 2007

Dear VLC users,
I have a problem with VLC 0.8.6 for Windows (XP)
when I try to capture the screen and send the data via RTP to a remote
server I see (with wireshark)
that no packets are sent through the network interface.

I have been successful with audio transmission in Windows,
and with audio and video transmission in Linux (same VLC version).

With screen capture in windows, I can see it in the VLC window,
but no UDP packets are transmitted.

I tried to configure VLC using the Wizard
or using the command line as follows:

vlc -v --intf dummy screen://
<screen:///>':sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,vb=256,fps=25,width=320,height=240}:rtp{dst=
barracuda.polito.it,port=1232}'

or

vlc -v --intf dummy screen://
<screen:///>':sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,vb=384,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=rtp,mux=ts,dst=
barracuda.polito.it:1232}}'

Does anyone know the problem? Any help?

Thanks.

- Sviciu