[vlc] Re: vlc stop when playing H.264 RTP stream

jogging song joggingsong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 03:54:34 CET 2007

Thanks, Chris
      Payload type in RTP header is 96.
  Before it is about to receive RTP stream, vlc need a SDP.  I'm not sure
whether the sdp file is right.
v=0
m=video 1100 RTP/AVP 96
b=AS:247
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=fmtp:96 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=42001E;

I read the RFC3984, and change it to the following.

v=0
m=video 1100 RTP/AVP 96
b=AS:247
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=fmtp:96
packetization-mode=0;profile-level-id=42001E;sprop-parameteter-sets=Z0IAHpZ0Ficg,aM44gA==

It still doesn't work.

The RTP stream consists of RTP of 300 frames. And only the first frame is an
IDR frame(I frame), which has a sps and pps.
All other frame is P frame.

But VLC stops after printing the following things:
packetizer_h264 debug: found NAL_SPS
packetizer_h264 debug: found NAL_PPS
I don't know why it stops after recognizing sps and pps.

And i think sps and pps already are in sdp file, so I don't send sps and
pps.
Vlc will print "waiting for sps".

Thanks
jogging