[vlc] reconnect on lost stream

Stefan Onken Support at stonki.de
Wed Mar 14 20:22:58 CET 2007

Hello,

I am preparing a live stream for a number of unknown users while we
will build up a car garage in less than a week. The video comes
from an AXIS webcam, this stream is fetched by a VLC instance of a
local machine and converted into a mmsh stream. My main server is
accessing via a 2 Mbit line and should stream it to the world wide
net..

AXIS --> LOCAL VLC --> Streaming Server

The main problem is, that the internet connection between the local
machine and the streaming server is reconnected every 24h (German
Telecom). Now the big question: Is there ANY way to reconnect to
the local VLC or (as workaround) to stop the VLC on the Streaming
Server if it cannot access the source stream ?

vlc
mmsh://another.server:554 --sout '#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=1024,scale=1}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,dst=213.zzz.xxx.yyy:PORT}'

Thanks
Stonki

--
www.stonki.de:    the more I see, the more I know.......