[vlc] Videolan ActiveX Issue

Le Goualher Georges glegoualher at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 29 17:35:14 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm experiencing the following Internet Explorer/Videolan ActiveX crash :
>"SysFader: IEXPLORER.EXE- Application Error"
>The instruction at"0x62ze549fe" referenced memory at"0x04359643".
>The memory could not be read

This error always appears on the second time I clik "launch" in the following page (no need to clik any button within the testvlc.html page):

<input type=button id="open" value="Launch"
onClick='window.open("testvlc.html","vlc","status,height=500,width=500,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes");'>

With "testvlc.html", the html sample code provided in VLC version : 0.8.6.a

Visual C++ debugger, indicates that the error occurs in libvlc.dll.

I've done several tests on several computers, this error occurs only on the following configuration:
Hardware:
Shuttle PC G5 8003B
Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz
RAM 1GB
Video chipset: Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Software:
Microsoft XP PRO SP2 (US language localization)
Windows Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
Videolan VLC 0.8.6.a Janus

Note: I've modified the default settings of Internet Explorer in accordance with:
http://wiki.videolan.org/ActiveX/HTML

Any idea of what's going wrong?

Many thanks for your help,

Glg