[vlc] Advanced use of VLC in HTML

Question wanliyou at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 05:53:29 CET 2007

Good day, everyone.

    I got a problem while following the instructions here.
     Building HTML pages for Mozilla/Firefox/Internet Explorere/Safari (VLC
version 0.8.6 and above)

http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Play_HowTo/Advanced_Use_of_VLC#Building_HTML_pages_for_Mozilla.2FFirefox.2FInternet_Explorere.2FSafari_.28VLC_version_0.8.6_and_above.29
    My platform : xulrunner and firefox 2.0.0.9
                        VLC 0.8.6c for win32 with the mozilla plugins
    Now I can simply do play/pause/stop operation, but can't access those
advansed objects directly:

    <code>
    <embed id="vlc" type="application/x-vlc-plugin" src='...'/>

    var vlc = document.getElementById("vlc");
    vlc.*versionInfo
*    vlc.*log*
    vlc.*audio*
    vlc.*video*
    </code>

   I copy those .dll files in the plugins to xulruner/firefox's plugins
folder, seems no change.
   Do you meet this problem also?