[vlc] How to run vlc-0.8.6c-win32 in Main Profile?

Mao, Zhiheng zmao at qualcomm.com
Wed Nov 14 22:27:01 CET 2007

Hi, there,

I am streaming H.264/AAC+ to the vlc-0.8.6c-win32 player and notice that
VLC is probably running in the Base Profile: it seems to be confused by
the B frames in my H.264 bit stream. Every now and then, the moving
objects in the display jumped backwards a little and then continued
moving on normally.

My question is: when I installed vlc-0.8.6c-win32 using all its
defaults, is VLC playing in the Base Profile? How can I configure and
run it in the Main Profile to support B frames?

Thank you!

Zhiheng Mao
zmao at qualcomm.com
(858) 658-4076