[vlc] VLC OR IMAC BUG?

Michele Nasso mikenasso at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:20:54 CET 2007

Hey VLC
I've got a new imac with leopard installed. I had the same problem with tiger too. When I insert the disc in the DVD drive I get the message that I have inserted a blank disk but in fact it's a movie that plays on my DVD player and on windows XP. I open VLC and hit the play button and first it says "An error has occurred which probably prevented the proper execution of the program" and this is followed by these error messages:

vcd: search for kIOCDMediaClass came up empty
vcd: failed to get the TOC
vcd: no movie tracks found
access_file: file /dev/rdisk3 is empty, aborting
cdda: search for kIOCDMediaClass came up empty
cdda: failed to get the TOC
cdda: no audio tracks found
main: no suitable access module for `dvdnav:///dev/rdisk3'
[...]

Is there anything I can do?
Mike