[vlc] VLC and Jack

Susan Dridi sjd at freeshell.org
Sun Sep 2 23:54:08 CEST 2007

Rafaël Carré wrote:

>>> But you still can do apt-get source vlc, modify debian/rules to add
>>> - --enable-jack flag, and dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

<snip>

> Hi, if you want jack output you can get it on 0.8.6, use apt-get source
> to get the package from official debian repositories, and it'll use the
> same version number as debian.
>
> I got confused, because unstable version recently got jack input, if i
> understand well you want jack output ?

Hi Rafael,

Yes, I want jack output.

I got the source from Etch, there were quite a few files. I modified the
rules file. And that's as far as I understand.

Should I put the source files in a permanent directory somewhere outside
of my home directory? They are currently in ~/vlc.

When I ran the dpkg command you sent me, I get a ton of errors, mainly
dependency errors, but some others too. I am completely lost:(

Thanks for your help!

-Susan