[vlc] Compabitities vlc and asterisk

BLANCHET Maxime maxime.blanchet at altran-ouest.fr
Wed Sep 5 11:39:52 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I don't find an answer about my problem on internet, that is why I need
you!

My project is to make a softphone with vlc.
I use an Asterisk PBX server to redirect the calls.
-Somebody has already try to use vlc with Asterisk?

Asterisk mainly works with a codec audio GSM but VLC 0.8.6 don't work
with it!
-My first question is about vlc 0.9, is it work with a GSM codec?

Asterisk PBX can work with the audio codec Speex. However, it doesn't
work when I want to make a streaming between 2 PC with a microphone and
speex codec. This is work just with mpga codec...
-Is it a bug about vlc or is it my configuration?
-How does it work with Speex?

I hope that you could help me.

Best regards,

Maxime BLANCHET.