[vlc] streaming on tcp

Diego Sanchez Gallo dsgallo at larc.usp.br
Mon Sep 24 13:27:58 CEST 2007

Hi Brandon,

I see that you were able to create a video streaming solution using jVLC...
I'm trying to do so but I'm getting the following exception (when calling
the addBroadcast method from VLM.java):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: _addBroadcast
    at org.videolan.jvlc.VLM._addBroadcast(Native Method)
    at org.videolan.jvlc.VLM.addBroadcast(VLM.java:39)
    at test.Test.main(Test.java:20)

I believe something should be wrong in the link to native libraries, but
with my environment I could create a video player using jVLC, so I coundn't
find out what is wrong with the streaming part...
Am I doing something wrong? What version of jVLC are you using? What is your
environment? Are you using jVLC for Linux or Windows? What SDK / JRE are you
using?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Diego