[vlc] No Audio when playing .avi files on iMac

Annie woodrose at sysmatrix.net
Tue Aug 12 20:31:46 CEST 2008

We are trying to play an .avi file.  We open VLC Media Player (Version
0.8.6i Janus (Intel)) on our iMac (iMac8,1 with Intel Core 2 Duo)
running Mac OS X 10.5.3 and the video plays fine, but no audio plays
at all. Strangely, when we try playing the file using QuickTime, the
problem is reversed: good audio but no video.  The source of the .avi
file is a Flip mini-camcorder and it plays fine on my 3.5 year old
iMac G5.

Annie Meo and Dave Wicks at woodrose at sysmatrix.net