[vlc] OS X Interface Issues

Ian Wagner ianthetechie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 21:36:00 CEST 2008

I am not 100% sure if these are unique to OS X or not, but there are
too interface issues that I would really like to see fixed. 1) I
listen to internet radio quite frequently, and VLC is my choice player
for OGG Vorbis streams as iTunes ogg streaming support is not there
yet. I add the stream using the Open Network menu option, select the
HTTP option, and enter the URL (my favorite is http://flynnsarcade.net:8000/flynns.ogg)
. The problem is that the currently playing song title updates in the
playlist, but not the main display where the currently playing track
is supposed to be. Any ideas on that one? Also, a very minor
enhancement would be at least the option to remember which streaming
protocol you used last (I only use HTTP). Bookmarks would also be a
nice addition. I know this is a lot to throw at you with all of the
bugs I'm sure you already have to fix, but it would really be a nice
addition to the best ogg player on the planet :) I am a software
developer myself and if you would like, I would be happy to help
implement these features.

Thanks so much guys and keep up the good work!
-----
Ian
"There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1"