[vlc] vlc media player not working

C.J. Adams-Collier cjac at colliertech.org
Thu Aug 28 00:44:15 CEST 2008

Hello Pete,

Try starting the VLC player and browsing to your file rather than
using the windows explorer to find the file you wish to play with VLC.

* Start VLC
* click "File" in the menu bar
* select "Open File"
* click the "Browse..." button
* Select the movie file using the file browser
* click the "Open" button
* Click the "OK" button
* If the video does not begin playing immediately, click the right
  arrow play button

It might help us to know which OS you have installed and what type of
movie file you are attempting to play.  Two operating systems with the
name "Home Premium" are "Windows XP" and "Windows Vista."  Is your
system running one of these?

Can you tell us what the filename extension is for the movie you are
attempting to play?  .mov?  .avi?  .wmv?  .mpg?  .mp4?

Thanks in advance,

C.J.