[vlc] VLC Mozilla Firefox plugin... or Totem plugin?

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 16:12:15 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have installed VLC 0.9.0-test3 in my Ubuntu 8.04 system and I have a
question regarding the VLC Mozilla Firefox plugin.

First, what has Totem to do with it? Because when I launch an application
with the plugin embedded I get some messages about Totem and I can't
understand what it is due to since the VLC Mozilla Firefox plugin in 0.8.6
version had nothing to do (I think...).

These are some of the messages I get:

** Message: GetValue variable 11 (b)
** Message: GetValue variable 268435466 (1000000a)
** Message: GetScriptable [0x87210d8]
** Message: totemConePlugin ctor [0x8100c98]
** Message: NOTE: Site uses function 'totemIConeAudio::GetMute'
** Message: NOTE: Site uses function 'totemIConeAudio::GetVolume'
** Message: Viewer DBus interface name is
'org.gnome.totem.PluginViewer_1721'
** Message: NameOwnerChanged old-owner '' new-owner ':1.71'

Moreover, while I had no problem when using the 0.8.6e plugin, with the new
test release (still talking about the Mozilla Firefox plugin) I can't play
local files while I have no problem playing RTSP streams from VLM (VLC
streaming server). Is there any kwnow issue about these problems?

These are the error messages while trying to play a local file:

TotemEmbedded-Message: totem_embedded_open_stream called: uri
file:///home/dulceangustia/diptvClientLinux32/madflute/ads/ad_ASUS.flv,
base_uri:
http://127.0.0.1:58564/class/2/chrriis.dj.nativeswing.WebBrowserObject/html%2F1
TotemEmbedded-Message: totem_embedded_open_internal 'fd://0'
is-browser-stream 1 start-play 1
TotemEmbedded-Message: BEFORE _open
TotemEmbedded-Message: AFTER _open (ret: 1)
TotemEmbedded-Message: Viewer state: PLAYING
** Message: OpenStream reply
** Message: URLNotify URL
'file:///home/dulceangustia/diptvClientLinux32/madflute/ads/ad_ASUS.flv'
reason 1
TotemEmbedded-Message: totem_embedded_set_error_logo called by browser
plugin
TotemEmbedded-Message: Viewer state: STOPPED
** Message: GetURLNotify
'file:///home/dulceangustia/diptvClientLinux32/madflute/ads/ad_ASUS.flv'
failed with error 1

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Javi