[vlc] libv4l2 and RHEL5.2

Frank Bures lisfrank at chem.toronto.edu
Thu Dec 4 16:58:43 CET 2008

Hi,

I am trying to compile VLC 0.9.8a on RHEL5.2 x86_64 and I am continuously
running into problems with the compiled product that would not recognize
DX50, WMA2, MP43 and other codecs.

I am looking at the config.log trying to figure out why ffmpeg module is
not present in the compiled product.

The first problem I found is that the configure is looking for libv4l2
package which is not present in RHEL5.2.  It has been replaced by package
named unicap and its pkgconfig is in libunicap.pc.  Of course the VLC
configure cannot find the pkgconfig.  However, all required libraries and
headers are present on the system.

Is there a way how to get around this?

Thanks
Frank