[vlc] Wrong version on Mirrors!

Charles Mitchley cajmi at iafrica.com
Sat Dec 13 15:50:49 CET 2008

Hi,

I have downloaded the  latest version several times today from the
French mirror sites, but it is always 0.9.8 from 3 Dec and I cannot seem
to get hold of the latest release 0.9.8a

Could you please check?

Also, I have had a problem with the last few issues of VLC. I am using
iMac, with the latest O/S, and whenever I put a DVD in, the VLC player
recognises the title of the DVD, and shows it in the media player, but
when I press play, after about 2 seconds it stops. And no matter how
many times I press play again, it just keeps stopping after 2 seconds.
If I try to play the DVDs in DVD player they work fine.

Perhaps the latest version will fix this, but I would appreciate it if
you could advise further.

Thanks!

Charles