[vlc] [newb] cannot transcode

Rémi Duraffort ivoire at via.ecp.fr
Mon Dec 15 15:47:36 CET 2008

> newb here.  vlc-0.9.8a on fedora f10 (from rpmfusion).
>
> I can play a dvd fine, but when I try to transcode I always get
> 00000564] main stream output error: invalid chain
> [00000565] stream_out_transcode stream out error: cannot create chain
> [00000564] main stream output error: stream chain failed for `transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=800,scale=1,acodec=vorb,ab=128,channels=2} :sout-all'
> [00000563] main input error: cannot start stream output instance, aborting
>
> I've tried various transcoding options.
How are you trying to transcode ? Using the GUI or using the command
line ?
If you'r using the command line, you can read this
(http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Streaming_HowTo/Advanced_Streaming_Using_the_Command_Line#transcode)

If you use the GUI their might be a bug because your command line seams
to be invalid.

Best regards

--
Rémi Duraffort | ivoire