[vlc] Java Video Streaming client

Adrien Grand jpountz at videolan.org
Tue Dec 23 23:19:07 CET 2008

nodje a écrit :
> I had to figure how to do an update with git  :)  git pull did the trick,
> nice.
> Anyways, it still gives me 79 tests in error, but I can do the install with
> -DskipTests.

This may mean that JVLC can not find libvlc on your system. If you did
not install VLC in a standard location then you have to tell the JVM
where to search for libvlc using the -Djna.library.path=path_to_libvlc
option. More details available at https://trac.videolan.org/jvlc/wiki/faq.

> I'm sorry if this is written in the documentation somewhere but I coudn't
> understand it at first sight:
> Can I get OSX binaries for libvlc? Can I compile it? Is libvlc included in
> the VLC application?

Yes, libvlc is included in VLC media player.

> Could you point me at some documentation that would help me bootstrap a Java
> project that needs streaming capabilities?

A really simple application using JVLC is available in the git repository :
  http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=bindings/java/samples/client

It does no streaming but should help you check that your JVLC setup is
correct and be a good starting point.

Regards,

--
jpountz