[vlc] "to start with automatic repetition - how to"

Kai Hoffmann diegoetterdesfluxus at gmx.com
Tue Dec 23 20:05:45 CET 2008

dear peolple at videolan,

i want to use videolan as an automated file player in a small "end of winter lectures" - exhibition with my students at the university of oldenburg. so i`d get some old pIII computers with win xp on it (fast enough for our purpose) and ... hmmm ... the problem:

there is only one long mp2 - videofile on each computer, so we`d load that into vlc, put it on the playlist and switched "endless playing" on ... and saved that one - titel - playlist. now ... that would been put into the autostart - folder, so the computers will work all alone (and we`ll have more time to drink some beer ;-) ) ... but: loading that playlist again, "endless playing" comes as OFF ?!?!?!?!?

i`m shure that we`d something wrong ... but didn´t find that in the manual etc ...

you may help?

king regards, nice christmas and a happy new year

kai hoffmann

Atelier "rote Ohren"
Inh. Kai Hoffmann
www.roteohren.biz