[vlc] does vlc play .iso files directly off the harddrive?

Scott Matthews scott at turnstyle.com
Mon Feb 4 13:55:30 CET 2008

I ended up with a different solution -- on the "server" (just another PC with an optical drive) I've added a bit of freeware named DVD43 (another alternative that also worked is the somewhat expensive AnyDVD) -- this then seems to make the DVD available for playback over my home network.

So, now I just put a DVD into the server, and I can then play it over the network from the client (ie, without having to rip to the hard drive).

-Scott