[vlc] Weird behaving of vlc with a file

Olivier DJIAN odjosc at free.fr
Sun Feb 10 14:45:42 CET 2008

Many thanks to Jean-Paul for his reply.

I understand the stream cannot be considered as TS anymore due to lack of PAT
and PMT. Anyway, it was generated from  a true TS stream via VTP-to-VTP
protocol (some internal protocol of streamdev plugin of VDR software).

What I don't understand now is why MPLAYER or XINE can play this file and not
VLC (it doesn't really matter if it's not a true TS because I actually need
VLC to convert it into PS) ?

Olivier.