[vlc] get_time in TS streams via RTSP?

Brett Granger bgranger at verivue.com
Wed Feb 13 17:28:53 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm using the 0.8.6 series of vlc player.  I have noticed that if I play
an mpeg2 ts file over rtsp (using the live555MediaServer) with the "rc"
interface, get_length returns a correct value (as long as there is an
index file for the TS), but get_time either always returns 0 or the last
time that was entered in the "seek" command -- it does not advance as
the video plays.

On the other hand, when I use vlc to play a ts file from disk, both
get_length and get_time always return 0, so perhaps that's just the way
the ts code works?

Is there any way to actually get the real presentation time from a ts
stream coming across rtsp/rtp?

Thanks,
--Brett