[vlc] Play a DVD over LAN via shared drive?

Scott Matthews scott at turnstyle.com
Wed Jan 2 18:47:33 CET 2008

Hi all, I first tried asking via the forums, thought I'd try here next...

Is the following possible:
1) put a DVD into the DVD drive on 'PC 1'
2) share that drive
3) mount it from 'PC 2' (over the LAN) and play the DVD on 'PC 2' (including
menu, special features, etc.) as if it were coming from a locally attached
drive?

If not, is this something that could perhaps be considered for a future
release of VLC?

Thanks,  -Scott

Scott Matthews
Andromeda: MP3 juke/server for PHP or ASP Web sites
http://www.turnstyle.com/andromeda/

Bitty: The little browser that goes on any Web page
http://www.bitty.com/